October 7, 2013

Busy Days, Busy Hands And A SWAP

It's been such a busy month or more for me with cleaning out my MIL's house now that she had moved in with my SIL ~ she has settled in and has decided she will stay ... this time.  She moved in several years ago and was unhappy and wanted to go back home within a few months, but she does realize there is no going back.

We have found some really great pieces of the past while going through her belongings and it could fill an entire post!

But through all the hustle and bustle, I still found time to sit down an create my piece for the spoolie swap I joined which was being hosted by Deb from Garage Sale Gal and Sandy from 521 Lake Street .

When I got partnered with Chris from Perfectly Printed we exchanged emails 'cause we had to find out if they wanted a Halloween or Thanksgiving spoolie and I personally didn't care which, I was just excited to make a spoolie, something I never even heard of before.  I really did get lucky when she was chosen as my partner and I was so thrilled and excited when I saw what she made for me ...

When I opened the HUGE box she sent, I was already feeling bad, knowing my little package would never compare and this was the first piece that came from the box, my spoolie wrapped up so pretty and finished with pretty ribbons ...


Then there was this hugs, gigantic bag of candy, complete with a bow made from a Halloween paper napkin!  How clever is that????!!!!


And still, something in the box, I reached in to pull out this bag complete with a gigantic spider, but I wasn't scared!!  Oh, it was sooo exciting!!!


I peeked down into the back and saw all this loveliness ...


Did I mention I really got lucky when Chris was chosen as my partner!!!  Well she sent along a bit of luck in the form of a Leprechaun ...


And some fabulous ephermera which I will use and think of her every time I touch one of these pieces!


Little gift cards, and hang tags and buttons and books!!


And flash cards and too many things ~ she really shouldn't have!







Cards for Christmas and Valentines and more ...




And here is the most fantastic, clever, creative spoolie I could have never imagined!!


Look at that face ... it is what I looked like when I was looking at every little detail ...


My Spollie and me, grinning ear-to-ear!



A lovely note card she enclosed :)




 Down to the smallest detail, she really went so out of her way to make everything extra, extra special!


 I didn't tell her I loved Resse cups or M&M's or Kit Kats or Twix bars!  She just knew!


I am still overwhelmed with her generosity and the creativity and thought put into my gift.

As I said in my email ~ Chris, I feel so stupid 'cause I just made you a little ole' spoolie and you went way above and beyond ~ thanks so much, from the bottom of my heart!



8 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest little spoolie! What a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute spoolie! very creative! Chris was very generous and don't feel "stupid"...some gals just enjoying giving...
    Glad you enjoyed the swap!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judi, I am so glad your enjoyed your gift! I never, ever meant to make you feel bad or stupid about the Spoolie you sent me! Your Spoolie is too cute for words! Post should be up in the morning! Warmly Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Judi! I saw your adorable spoolie over at Chris' and had to come meet you! You did good! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how adorable is that spoolie Chris made for you! I just love it, and also love the one you made for her. This swap was so much fun! Don't feel badly that Chris spoiled you so, for some bloggers, it's all about the "sending", and obviously that made her happy too.

    Happy to find your blog, wish you had a Bloglovin button, as I don't belong to g+ (yet!). :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow such an adorable spoolie!! I love the one you sent her too!!! Very cute!! I don't think you should feel bad about all those goodies she sent you!! She really did spoil you!! :) :) Happy to have visited you for the first time!! :) Wishing you a lovely sweet day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judi,
    Just stopped by to say that the little ghost Spoolie you made is adorable! This swap was a lot of fun and it has been fun visiting new blogs. The Spoolie from Chris is also awesome...lots of talent in this group!
    Have a beautiful day!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! You really did receive a treasure trove!!! Judi...I think you are so very deserving of all this loveliness. And I am so happy for you!!
    Blessings, my friend! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment ~ It sure makes me smile! Judi